Sunday, February 13, 2022

Transition to Portfolio Project

 Coming from the last project, I’ve decided to change my approach when diving into the film opening.


Understanding mistakes

Throughout the last project, my team had a hard time doing our work on schedule, since it felt as though we had so much time to make such a simple project. In reality, the project ended up way more in-depth than we had anticipated, putting us into a panic about getting it done efficiently in the time frame we had left. Communication was also a large struggle amongst my group, making it difficult to ensure everyone was on the same page when it came to music video storyline ideas, marketing strategies, and even shooting dates. 


Changes moving forward 


From these mistakes, I will be ensuring that my group is organized throughout the duration of our project. I plan on making a folder on Google Drive with labels on them such as “Script,” “Storyboard,” “Shot List,” etc to help organize all the elements of our film opening. We will be sure to shoot at least a week in advance in order to have sufficient time to edit and check to see if any reshooting needs to be done. I also believe that this project will move forward more efficiently since I understand the work ethic of my partners and we have a better understanding of each other’s strengths and weaknesses to better assess the film opening and what roles each of us will be taking on. 


Continuing to do

Some approaches I will keep the same are doing in-depth research regarding the genre to have a better understanding as to what type of styles are used in other film openings that we could incorporate into our own. I will also be assessing previous movies that are of the same genre and doing in-depth case study research on those to understand why their success was so high and what tactics they took in order to accomplish this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film Opening: Steve

STEVE Film Opening