Saturday, March 12, 2022

Casting Choices

 


REASONS FOR CASTING 


Steve

We are casting Kai as Steve for the most obvious reason: he’s the only male. He is also a tall, white-looking male who is around 6 feet tall. His height makes him seem a lot more dominant than other men, which is exactly the type of look we want so he seems intimidating to Dainty and Maria. One aspect we would have enjoyed having was someone with more muscle to add on to this dominant feature, but it can be worked around. There are types of makeup we could apply to his face to give him a more chiseled jawline and facial structure, making him appear older and more mature. With the correct costume design, we can really bring the character Steve to life through Kai.



Pictured to the right with a gray jacket




Dainty

I was cast as Dainty because, even as the oldest, I look the youngest. I still have a baby face and my whole physique is not very mature. I have younger-looking features which would allow me to pull off the character of Dainty. Not only do I look like the character, but I also have a much higher-pitched voice than most people my age, which is something that lots of people point out about me or imitate. I tend to wear lots of oversized clothing, giving me this more childish and small look. Even if the costume will not be oversized, it will still fall on me in a way that would make me appear like a child.






Maria

Virginia will play Maria because she has experience with very dramatic acting and has a Hispanic accent. She has a very powerful way of saying her lines and would captivate the hectic nature of Maria perfectly. She is more mature looking for her age, making it easier to pretend she is a lot older than me, when in reality I’m 18 and she’s 16. We will probably give her more tight-fit clothing that still seems worn out so that the curves of her body will be more noticeable to enhance her mature look.




We chose to only use members of our group since it would be way more convenient for filming. All of us are capable of acting and will be at every shoot, so there was no need to get extra actors and make the schedule for filming more complicated than it needed to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film Opening: Steve

STEVE Film Opening