Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Script Rough Draft

 SCRIPT ROUGH DRAFT



Here is a rough draft of our script.




STEVE

Gasping(V.O)

White screen. Credits show up. Everyone’s names have an individual panel. They are in large capital letters that take up the whole screen. Everyone’s last names are upside down.

Cut to:

Int- White Room. Day

A boy of ambiguous age sits in a white room. He looks straight at the camera. He breathes heavily but looks completely numb as if he has just woken up from surgery. He knows not what is happening, or where he is, or who he is, but he seems relaxed, in context. His eyes glisten as the bright white of the room reflects off them. He looks in front of him and sees a door.

The man stands up and walks up to the door, trying to open it but failing. He does not seem very nervous about this. He turns around and sees something that startles him.




A girl is standing in front of him




This girl is about 17 years old. She looks exhausted and messy, yet she is wearing childish clothing and is holding a lollypop. She looks like an adult dressed up as a child.




DAINTY

Hello




MAN

Good morning




DAINTY

How do you know it’s morning?




MAN

My internal clock




DAINTY

Oh. So, good morning then. I’m Dainty. That’s D-A-I-N-T-Y




MAN

Hi. My name is-

(He thinks)

Those clothes are too small for you. Why are you dressed like this?




DAINTY

I’m a little girl. I wear little girl clothes made for little girls who fit into little clothes.




MAN

You sure look pretty in them.




Dainty sighs and her eyes widen. This goes on for a couple of seconds.




DAINTY

Sir. Can you help me find Steve?




Beat




Black screen. Loud music plays over our title screen. Instruments are out of sync and loud. The word “STEVE” shows up over this black in large capital letters. Some letters are flipped. This is very short, as to not allow the music to have a definitive ending, just a harsh cut.




Cut to:

Dainty’s face. She is looking at the man expecting an answer.




MAN

Is Steve your dad?




DAINTY

Why would I call my dad by his name?




MAN

(He scoffs.)

You're cynical.




DAINTY

Ok




MAN

I like that. Shows you're smart.




DAINTY

Steve is my babysitter




MAN

Why do you need to find him? Does he owe you money or somethin’?




DAINTY

Sir, I am going to kill Steve.

Beat




Man is pensive.

MAN

Why?




DAINTY

Steve hurt me. He stole from me.




MAN

Fine. I suppose there is nothing left for me to do. Where did you last see him?




Pan to left:

A woman is seen. She looks EXHAUSTED. Her name is Maria. She is crying.




MARIA

In my f@cking house. With a wh0re.




MAN

Watch your language.




MARIA

Watch my language? YOU watch your language. He is lucky I did not put a bullet in his head the moment I saw that bastard with that fake-blonde-trash-bitch-




MAN

Can you stop acting like a psycho?




MARIA

WHAT??-




DAINTY

Maria is married to Steve. We’re both looking for him.




MARIA

That little rat is always escaping from his problems. I’m going to kill him this time. I swear on our three f@#$ing children, the ones he supposedly cares about, I’m going to kill him. D, is this man going to help us?




DAINTY

Yep




MAN

NO!





Beat.

Wide-angle shows all three.

MAN

You know what, I get it he is kind of a douche, but I mean, stealing is not that big of a deal. And oh, come on lady




MARIA

WHAT?




MAN



You’re a psycho. Any man would do anything to get away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film Opening: Steve

STEVE Film Opening